PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Click IT... Complete IT... Bring IT… or Send IT...
- Intake Form 13614-C (complete for virtual and drop-off appointments)
- Consent Form 14446 (only select one tax appointment site)
B. Virtual VIP via Zoom ONLY
- LeapFile Instructions to Upload required tax forms (13614-C, 14446) ID, SS cards and tax documents: (W-2, 1099, 1098, 1095, childcare info, etc.) via secure email 48 hours prior to appointment.
- Download the FREE Zoom and Adobe apps from these links or from your device app store; account creation may be required
- Practice sharing your screen in Zoom
- Practice signing/annotating documents in Adobe
C. Drop-off Sites ONLY
- For the health and safety of the community, all clients will be required to answer a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and must comply with COVID-19 safety protocols (wear a mask, watch your distance, and wash/sanitize your hands).
- Only taxpayer(s) being serviced will be permitted to access the site.
- Follow the on-site instructions and signage regarding site access.NO children allowed at appointments.
- Bring a copy of the Hold Harmless Waiver
- Hard copies of ALL the above forms are available curbside at some public library locations. If you have questions about how their curbside service works, please contact the local library:
- New Castle County at nccde.org/libraries (all EXCEPT Delaware City, Corbit-Calloway, New Castle Public in Old New Castle)
- Dover at https://dover.lib.de.us/
- NOTE: Let library know that you have a tax appointment with Nehemiah Gateway CDC
D. What to Bring: ALL your tax documents including:
- Valid government issued photo ID for taxpayer and spouse (if married filing jointly)
- Social Security cards for ALL individuals to be listed on your tax return
- W-2s and 1099s from ALL your employers (no pay stubs accepted) and list of any other income received
- Childcare information from all providers, with their address, tax ID number and receipts to support amounts paid
- List of all itemized deductions and/or documentation of expenses, including mortgage interest and property taxes paid during the year
- For direct deposit to an existing account, a blank check or account ID card with the account number and routing number information
- 1095 A/B/C for Proof of Health Insurance Coverage
- 1098 for student loan, mortgage interest information
- 1099s for interest received, dividends received, unemployment compensation, pension and/or other type of income
- For amend tax return, copy of the original tax return to be amended
- Copy of prior year tax return (may be required for new credit)
INTERESTED IN PREPARING YOUR OWN TAXES?
If you make $72,000 or less, go to: https://www.olt.com/main/vita/getstarted.asp?affiliate=VITAFREE&linkID=S24091912
If you make $66,000 or less, go to: www.myfreetaxes.com
If you make $63,000 or less, go to: http://www.freetaxact.com/alltax.asp?sc=20050399&p=20&ad=S24091912
If you make $39,000 or less, go to: https://freefile.intuit.com/vitaSiteId=S24091912
Tax Site EXTENDED Locations 2021View EITC Site Summer/Fall Locations Flyer!
Your Civil RIghtsBe aware of and understand your civil rights
Virtual VIP (UPLOAD Document Instructions)LeapFile Client UPLOAD Instructions
Tax AppointmentPreparing for your Appointment
Virtual VIP via ZoomVirtual Form 14446 Consent Form
Drop-off Site Dover (Blue Hen Corporate Center)BlueHCC Form 14446 Consent Form
Drop-off Site Newark (Hudson State Service Center)HudsonSSC Form 14446 Consent Form
Drop-off Site ONLYCOVID Screening Questionnaire
Drop-off Site ONLYHold Harmless Waiver Form
Intake InterviewEnglish Questionnaire
Intake InterviewSpanish Questionnaire